Oh snap! Ohshitimafather (who everypony should be following and stuff, if you’re not already) nominated me for a Liebster Award!!! You might be asking yourself, “What the heck is a Liebster Award!?!” I say, Who cares!!! At least the nomination gave me an excuse to make an awesome pixel-art graphic featuring Super Mario, a Storm Trooper, and Rainbow Dash!!! Plus, it’s Friday night and I’m curled up on the couch with a tall glass of lukewarm water, listening to
Kenny Loggins Michael McDonald, and answering questions and stuff!!! W00t!!!
Here are the Official Liebster Award Rules (No Purchase Necessary):
- Post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
1120 other blogs with fewer than 200XXXXX followers to nominate and link them to your post.*
- You can’t “tag back” the nominator’s blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster Award post so they can learn more about you and see who you nominated! (N.B. I tried editing the above rule for clarity, but it still doesn’t make any sense to me, so whatevs.)
* I changed the numbers here because I couldn’t stop at 11 blogs. Also, I would disqualify myself and most of the people on my Liebster Award nomination list if the number was 200 followers.
11 Random Things About Me:
- I’m chewing gum right now.
- I played squash for an hour this afternoon.
- I’m terrible at squash.
- I’m actually super-shy in real life (INTJ 4 Lyfe, yo), but I am forced to be friendly and open because my job requires me to be nice and stuff. Left to my own devices, I would sit on my front stoop and yell at the moron neighbor kids All Day Long.
- Every vehicle I have ever owned has been black (and a Volkswagen), until I bought our new car, which is dark gray (and a Honda).
- I wore the same pair of jeans All Week Long.
- I don’t like living in the New York area. I’d much rather live in Chicago or San Francisco.
- I own
1215 cameras, but I usually shoot with a Nikon D7000 or a Panasonic GF-1.
- I’m a terrible photographer, but I’m pretty good with PhotoShop.
- This is where I’m going to get married when there is Federal Marriage Equality.
- I would have voted for John Huntsman if he was the Republican candidate instead of What’s-His-Face Romney.
11 Questions from ohshitimafather:
Q: What do you do for a career?
A: I am a busy business lady who writes e-mails, makes pretty PowerPoint presentations, and talks to reporters when something happens at my company.
Q: Where is the farthest place you’ve traveled from home?
A: Korea? I’m not sure how far away that is from the east coast.
Q: Where is your favorite place in the world?
A: My house.
Q: What was your most memorable meal?
A: Crazy yummy street food in Saigon.
Q: Do you like camping? (Cuz I hate it.)
A: I’d rather eat shards of glass than go camping. Camping is for the birds.
Q: Do you have any tattoos?
A: I have one tattoo that extends from the top of my right forearm, goes up my right arm and shoulder, goes across my back, and down my left shoulder and arm, to the top of my left forearm.
Q: Would you ever buy a minivan?
A: Yes. #yolo
Q: Do you prefer to shower in the morning or night?
A: I shower once in the morning and once at night, and sometimes one or two times at mid-day, if I go to the gym. No, you’re the one who’s OCD!!!
Q: Any broken bones?
A: Just my nose.
Q: Do you have a tip for a new parent? (Like myself.)
A: Don’t sweat the small stuff. Plus, enjoy even the awful stuff because it doesn’t last long.
Q: Why do you blog?
A: I am trying to work through my lifelong affliction with writer’s block. Plus, in my old age, my brain has become a sieve, so I need to write shizz down so that I can remember.
11 Questions for Y’All:
- With the impending end of the world-slash Zombie Apocalypse, what are the three essential items that you will bring with you to your underground bomb shelter?
- The New York Times or The Wall Street Journal?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- If your kid was the opposite gender of what he or she is, what would his or her name have been?
- Boxers of briefs? Why?
- What was the last great book you read?
- Who is your spouse-approved hall pass? (Mine is Anna Faris)
- What is your dream job?
- What is your dream job for your kid?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the last fist fight you were in?
- You’re walking down the street and you find $10,000 in a bag. It’s unmarked and it would be impossible to track down the owner. What would you do? What if the bag contained $100,000?
Blogs I’m Nominating (All Dad Edition):
- Electra Daddy
- Generation-X Dad
- The Gingerbeard
- Grumpy Dad
- Headcase With a Smile
- I Don’t Mind If You Barf on Me!
- I Hate Laundry
- I’m Telling Ben
- Meet-o the Ito’s
- Merging Into the Papa Lane
- Military Dad
- Nikki Doughnuts
- A Simple Dad
- Taco Time!
- That Friendly Black Guy
- The Traveling Gentleman
- They Call Me Bruce
- Writer Dad