me & Lazy Dad
Long line at Tartine
San Francisco Tumblr Meetup at Dolores Park Playground!
I met up with Lazy Dad again, but this time in San Francisco. Here’s a recap in bullets because I’m kind of tired:
– Met some of Lazy Dad’s family – how neat is that! They were lovely.
– His son is super friendly and adorable. I might’ve scared him off a bit by being so chatty. Oops!
– Met two of Lazy Dad’s other tumblr buddies, Kim and Mya (guessing on the spelling!). They were so nice!
– Kim’s daughter is ridiculously cute! I had to refrain myself from scooping her up for a squeeze since you know, we just met and I’m practically a stranger.
– I’ve been working with older teens and living in the Bay Area away from family and my little cousins for so long that I forgot just how much I enjoy being around younger kids.
– It brought me back to my AmeriCorps days when I was on playground duty with the little elementary kids, being called Ate by the kindergarteners, and chatting up the kids who came to the community center. So cute!
– Nino’s bff from high school is visiting from Italy, so she joined us at Dolores Park.
– We’re also hosting another Italian guy tonight. We’ve become a B&B for everyone who is Italian! Come one, come all!
– The line at Tartine was extra long this morning, but so worth it!
– Nino, Eleanora, and I left the meetup and walked to the Castro. We stopped at Cafe Flore to get out of the sun. Eleanora commented that there are so many good looking men, but too bad they’re unavailable. Ha! So true.
– It’s so warm today! I definitely broke a sweat, which is uncommon in San Francisco. Should’ve worn more sunscreen.
– I was in a rush, so I forgot to put on deodorant. I hope no one noticed.
– I still get taken aback by how genuinely nice Lazy Dad is. Gosh, I must meet tons of asswipes or something.
Ack! The always lovely Lynda, proprietor of vpowinsf beat me to the punch and posted some pics from our quik-e lazy playdate in San Francisco this morning! Everyone was there: the amazing kimcheez and lil one, the super-spectacular mayak46, and even the ghost of Paul Lynde made a guest appearance! We missed the always-traveling pamilya and the jetsetting electradaddy, but we hope we can see all of the Bay Area Tumblrers the next time we’re in town!
I love me some Tumblr peeps! Guess who I’m having a busy business lady breakfast with tomorrow? You’ll never guess. Seriously. You won’t. OK, it’s johnandedwardplustwo. Don’t hate me cuz you ain’t me.