Here’s a recap of my company’s (New York) holiday party:
- I’ve always loved company bashes because you get to see senior executives let down their hair and have a good time with the minions. But then at one point I became on the executives and I realized that I don’t really want to let down my hair in front of the minions.
- That awkward moment when people say hi to you by name and start chatting you up, but you honestly have no idea who they are, but they apparently know lots and lots about you. Yeah.
- One of my more abrasive (but lovable) colleagues said to me last night, “Man, I love working with you, you’re one of the good ones, and I’m sorry if I’ve been a dick to you this year.” I said, No worries, I like dicks. He said, “So I’ve been told.”
- I’m operating on four hours of sleep (due to staying up way too late last night editing photos), and yet I still woke up at my regularly scheduled time. Stupid circadian rhythm.
- Now I remember why I don’t like to drink. Even though I had one-and-a-half drinks last night, I feel totally craptastic this morning.
- The last time I saw my son awake was Monday night. There’s a high probability that I won’t see him again until Thursday night for dinner, due to busy daddy’s company holiday party. Thus the perils of working parents everywhere. (Cue the world’s tiniest violin.)
- I think a lot of people are “working from home” today.