Wedding weekend recap: The boy said, “This is the best weekend I ever had!” A few things to note:
- The boy asked if we could just buy houses near wherever we go for the weekend because he doesn’t like staying in hotels, even if we bring his favorite toys and blanket. The answer is no.
- The boy told me that the best thing he ate over the weekend was the duck liver pate during the wedding reception. He told me that he dreamed about the pate, it was that good.
- When he grows up, the boy said he plans on having a Star Wars-themed wedding. I told him that he’ll have to meet a girl who likes Star Wars because I’m sure she’d have some say in their wedding plans. The boy said, “I wouldn’t marry her if she didn’t like Star Wars or Ninjas!”
- Busy daddy and I were pleasantly surprised at how well-behaved the boy was throughout the wedding and reception. The boy ate everything that was put in front of him, said hi to everyone, and didn’t complain once that he was bored. Plus, the boy danced a little with busy daddy. I wish I got a picture of that.
- Even though I’m completely exhausted from the busy weekend and long drive home, the boy is filled with energy and seems raring to go. I think it’s going to be a long night.