I’ve mentioned that I’m trying to dress more like a grown up at work. Now that the weather is getting cooler, it’s easier to wear a suit and not feel like I’m going to die from heatstroke. Plus, I’m going to a fancy-pants industry event tonight. Still, I think I’m usually such a slob at work that when I dress up like an adult, it throws people off.
10 Frequently Asked Questions About Lazy Dad’s Appearance Today:
- Are you going on a job interview? No, I’m just trying to dress like a grown up so that people will take me more seriously at work.
- When is the funeral? Actually, I’m trying not to look like I just rolled out of bed and came to work in my pajamas, per usual.
- That’s so cute! I didn’t know that Brooks Brothers made Lilliputian suits! I know, right! They do!
- What are you wearing today? Denim tweed suit by Icarus, tie by Ralph Lauren Purple Label, shirt by Brooks Brothers, shoes by John Varvatos.
- OMG! I didn’t know that John Varvatos made Lilliputian shoes! Actually, the shoes are normal-sized.
- Can you tell me where I can find lazy dad’s office? Um, you’re talking to him.
- Oh, I’m sorry, I thought lazy dad was 12-years-old. You look like a full-grown adult. *Winning*
- My son is attending a bar mitzvah next week. Can he borrow your tie? Sure!
- Why are you taking photos of yourself during the staff meeting? It’s for my blog.
- Maybe you could have combed your hair today, you know, if you were going to dress up? Baby steps, I say, baby steps.